We are all victims of modern civilisation, and there are never enough hours in the day for most of us, with meetings to attend, chores to complete and so many other things. While you might not have much free time, you can still practice good oral hygiene, and with that in mind, here are some great tips for the busy person who wishes to maintain good oral hygiene while on the road.
- Create And Carry An Oral Hygiene Pouch – This will contain everything you need to ensure that your teeth and gums are always clean and fresh; it should contain a soft toothbrush, some toothpaste, dental floss, some antiseptic mouthwash and a few toothpicks. It is also a good idea to include some wipes. Keep it in the car and make sure you brush after every meal, with a floss morning and night, along with regular mouthwash sessions, which will ensure that your teeth and gums are always healthy.
- Take The Time For Regular Dental Check-Ups-This will ensure that any oral issues are promptly dealt with, and if you don’t have a regular dentist, Mitchelton and Everton Park based dentist Swish Dental are the people to contact. Twice a year is acceptable for dental examinations and with good oral hygiene practices in place, you should have no dental issues.
- Reminders– Anyone who is into motivation will tell you that we need constant reminders in order to maintain a routine, especially with all the goings on in a typical day. A sticker on the bathroom mirror is the ideal place to start, and with “don’t forget to brush” in the car and on your briefcase top, you will not have the chance to forget your dental hygiene.
- Prompt Treatment– If you lose a filling or chip a tooth, don’t put off the visit to the dentist, otherwise you will end up spending much more time in his chair, as dental problems do not go away and they always worsen with time. If you find yourself thinking to put off the visit to the dentist for a few days, remember that in the long run, this will cost you both time and money. If you are at all unsure about your brushing technique, there are great guides on how to correctly brush your teeth which you can find online.
- Clever Use Of Mouthwash– People who always have a million things to do are hard to pin down, even for a few minutes, and if brushing is omitted, substitute that with some antiseptic mouthwash. This can be swished in the car, or even walking to that sales seminar, but this is a last resort, as regular brushing is strongly recommended. You can keep a small bottle in your laptop case, and another in the car, and with a compact brush and paste set tucked in your inside pocket, you are always fully equipped for great oral hygiene.
It might seem difficult to fit everything in, but once you get into a routine, it becomes second nature and by following all of the above advice, your never-ending drive will not impede good oral hygiene.
All it takes is a little planning and don’t forget the reminders.